As an NIP Psychology Postdoctoral Fellow, responsibilities include:
- conducting telephone and live intake interviews
- seeing up to 10 patients (depending on patient availability)
- performing psychological testing on children and adults
- attending a weekly 2.5 hour lecture series and weekly case seminar (along with social work interns and psychology externs)
- attending a weekly 1.5 hour group supervision (along with the social work interns only)
- attending once weekly individual supervision
NIP Psychology Postdoctoral Fellowships are a paid, two year, 20 hour per week commitment. Fellows receive $200 weekly, vacation after 6 months, and student rates for all NIP programs.
After successful completion of the Fellowship and after state licensure has been granted, there is the possibility of Fellows transferring NIP patients to their private practices.
This program is open only to those who are have graduated with a PhD or PsyD in psychology.
- Interview (please contact Arline Fireman at 212.866.5290 to schedule)
- References – a minimum of 2 references are required
- College transcripts
Please note: If accepted, Fellows will be required to provide a copy of their provisional license and malpractice insurance.